In addition to protecting the motor, the sine-wave filter also provides protection for the VSD/inverter. Sinewave Filters have the following features:
- Unshielded motor cables can be used resulting in lower project costs.
- Motor operating life is increased.Longer motor cables are possible.
- Significantly lower eddy current and stray flux losses.
- Significant reduction of bearing currents.
- Eliminate torque ripple.
- Eliminate voltage wave reflection.
- Reduces motor noise, vibration and heat.